PLD Space is seeking a new member for our team to serve as a Test Engineer, within the Structures Department. This position will be focused on assisting the qualification, and acceptance testing of structural components for its launch programs.
- Definition of tests, considering available inputs, requested outputs and measurements, as well as other boundary conditions.
- Test campaign planning.
- Test suppliers management: contact, evaluation, selection, agreements.
- Test execution/follow-up.
- Assessment of externally executed tests.
- Assistance in post-processing of test data in collaborations with Stress team.
- Report writing and internal dissemination of test outcomes.
- Assessment of sensorization requirements and load conditions for which data is to be obtained in order to meet test objectives in a safe manner.
- Collaborate in the design of test benches and tooling.
- Create work methodologies or improve the existing ones in order to benefit current and future projects.
- Research state of the art in testing methodologies and sensors and propose creative approaches to complex problems.
- Occasionally travel to other PLD Space or supplier locations.
- Aerospace or Mechanical Engineer.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.
- +5 years’ experience in similar position, testbench/hardware and lab work.
- Used to work with standards (ECSS, ISO, EN, ASTM, MIL...).
- Used to work under pressure without neglecting safety and quality.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, along with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience developing and conducting test plans for experimental structural test.
- Knowledge on developing reports to analyse test results from test execution.
- Experience working with testbenches.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Payload Aerospace SL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.
We are compromised in maintaining a diverse and free from discrimination working environment where everyone is treated with respect. Employment is based on an individual’s merit and qualifications, directly related to job competence.
These principles are included in all aspects of employment: recruiting, hiring, training, compensation and benefits, and promotion.
Solicita este empleo