As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team, you will be responsible for designing launch vehicle Propulsion elements and configurations in concert with Structures subsystem. Specific focus on Propellant lines design.
- Participate in subsystem design and architecture of pressure-fed liquid rocket engine, including component sizing, loads determination, and detailed design.
- Design of primary metallic structures (different size range of machined components, sheet metal parts) for propellant lines (cryogenics, fuel and gas) fitting.
- Design of secondary structures as brackets or supports for rigid pipes, valves, mechanism, propulsion components electrical harness, etc.
- Generation of Engineering documentation such as 3D models, Drawings, BOMs, and Eng. Change Notes for the complete definition of Detailed Parts, Assemblies, and Installation.
- Maintain and improve program standard approaches to design, safety factors, material allowables, drafting standards, etc.
- Liaise with others Engineering departments (Structures design and stress, M&P, Quality, etc.) and provide information to the Manufacturing area under request.
- Responsible to accomplish with specifications and requirements during the development of the assigned tasks or product design along the entire lifecycle and across all phases from Prototype, Testing and Series production.
- Participate in the periodic design reviews dealing with SCH/Manufacturing for the achievement of requirements, specifications, feasibility, lead time and prices.
- Continuous research to optimize design solutions.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Complete the assigned tasks “on time, on quality, on cost".
- Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s degree or demonstrable relevant experience in lieu thereof.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant technical experience.
- Demonstrated experience in design metallic structures for propellant lines.
- Knowledge in selection and application of design criteria and rules, materials, strengths, and other mechanical properties, according to the loading conditions, working environment, etc.
- High degree of CAD competence and PDM tools.
- Fluent written and oral communication both in Spanish and English
- Previous experience in Aerospace Industry as Propulsion design & analysis engineer or Structural Design Engineer (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Familiar with Aerospace standards
- Familiar with the main manufacturing technologies and capabilities
- Knowledge of the most common corrosion prevention rules and surface protection.
- Knowledge of the most common cryogenic (LOX) cleaning procedures.
- Knowledge of Cryogenic (LOX) manipulation.
- Proven in the development of products from the original concept design according to Aerospace normative and rules, through to the delivery of detailed technical design packaging into final production.
- Design focused to assembly line concerns, tooling, and jigs.
- Familiar with Aerospace standard parts and typical light materials, metallic and non-metallic.
- Preferred software: Siemens NX and Teamcenter.
- An occasional need to travel with the role will be required.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines, dealing with situations that are constrained by time and managing different tasks at once.
- Able to work autonomously with little supervision.
Solicita este empleo