- As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team, you will be responsible for engineering, designing and installation of electrical harnesses for launch vehicles, rocket engines for both launch vehicles.
- This is a hands-on position that will involve you in all aspects of engineering, design, fabrication, installation, and test.
- Design of electrical harnesses for power distribution, RF, communication, and high-speed data signal.
- Selection of harness components and hardware, connectors, back shells, cable, and wires.
- Create 3D routed harness data files utilizing Siemens NX – TeamCenter.
- Cabling schematic and routing system design. Create harness detail and installation drawings including 2D flat harness
- Study system level electrical requirements and create tests procedures.
- Conduct tests to validate the built electrical system configuration against design.
- Interface with engineers and technicians from many disciplines such as Propulsion, Structures, Avionics and Systems engineering to optimize proposed designs for integration, manufacturability and testing.
- Interface with engineers and technicians from Integration, manufacturing and vehicle refurbishment disciplines to ensure design rules are met and implemented at launch vehicle level architecture.
- Be part of Hardware-in-the-loop testing activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent with experience in electrical system design, or related field of study.
- Experience with launch vehicle electrical system architectural design is required.
- Prior experience in turning high-level requirements into clear design/test objectives.
- Strong electrical systems engineering intuition and critical thinking.
- Read and understand Electrical schematics.
- Hands-on experience using electrical test equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.).
- Experience with 3D CAD, with mechanical design experience with Siemens NX.
- Experience with 3D CAD tools (NX Siemens).
- Experience with 2D tools (SEE Electrical).
- Prior experience with launch vehicles, at least +1 year.
- Be a multitasker with strong sense of accountability, integrity, and team focus.
- Passionate and creative problem solver that thrives in fast-paced environment.
Solicita este empleo