- As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team, you will be responsible of the launch vehicles structures Design.
- Design of launch vehicle structural elements and configurations jointly with other engineering disciplines.
- Design of primary metallic structures (different size range of machined components, sheet metal parts, welded structures, metallic pressure vessels and tanks, etc.).
- Design of primary composite structures (sandwich, monolithic, filament winding elements, hand lay-up, RTM parts, etc.).
- Design of secondary structures as brackets or supports for rigid pipes, valves, avionics equipment, antennas, mechanism, electrical harness, etc.
- Generation of Engineering documentation such as 3D models, Drawings, BOMs, MCI and weight reports, technical reports and Eng. Change Notes for the complete definition of Detailed Parts, Assemblies and Installation.
- Liaise with others Engineering departments (Stress Analysis, M&P, Testing, Propulsion, Avionics, etc.) and provide information to Manufacturing area under request.
- Responsible to accomplish with Product Specifications, Sub-System requirements and Interface definition during the development of the product design along the entire lifecycle and across all phases, from Prototype, Testing and Series production.
- Participate in the periodic design reviews dealing with SCH/Manufacturing for the achievement of requirements, specifications, feasibility, lead time and costs.
- Continuous research to optimize design solutions.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Complete the assigned tasks “on time, on quality, on cost"
- Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience in Aerospace Industry as Structural Design Engineer or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in parametric modelling software.
- Competence in the design of Aerospace primary structure (metallic and composites parts) and secondary structure.
- Knowledge in selection and application of design criteria and rules, Aerospace standards, materials, strengths, and other mechanical properties, according to the loading conditions, working environment, etc.
- Experience in Drawing dimensioning, Tolerance Stack Analysis and Methods (ASME Y14.5, ISO 1101).
- Familiar with reading and applying Aerospace normative, papers and documentation.
- High Proficiency with CAD (Siemens NX) and PDM tools (Teamcenter).
- Experience in Rockets Structural Design is a plus.
- Familiar with the main manufacturing technologies and capabilities (machining, sheet metal forming, welding, composite hand lay-up, RTM, filament winding, etc.), and most typical assembly’s methods and processes (drilling operations, reaming, mechanical joints by means of standard parts, metallic welding, bonding, sealing, finish painting, marking).
- Experience concerning the typical design requirements of structures exposed to extreme conditions, (cryogenic, high temperatures, vibration environment, etc).
- Knowledge of the most common corrosion prevention rules and surface protection.
- Experience in insulation materials, procedures and methods.
- Proven in the development of products from the original concept design according to Aerospace normative and rules, through to the delivery of detailed technical design packaging into final production.
- Design focused to assembly line concerns, tooling, and jigs.
- Familiar with Aerospace standard parts and typical light materials, metallic alloys and non-metallic.
- Availability to travel occasionally.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines, dealing with situations that are constrained by time and managing different tasks at once.
- Able to work autonomously with little supervision.
- Fluency in written and oral communication, both Spanish and English.
Solicita este empleo