- Position: Senior Liquid Rocket Propulsion Development Engineer for MIURA 1 Launch Vehicle.
- Description: Senior Liquid Rocket Propulsion Development Engineer for MIURA 1 Flight Qualification.
- Workplace: Elche (Spain).
- Desired Starting Date: October 1st, 2020
- Current Vacancies: 1.
- Contract: Full-time (3-month trial).
- Position evaluation: Objectives and Key Results (OKR) evaluation, based on individual quarterly, semi-annual and annual meetings.
- Salary: To be agreed depending on the professional experience and skills.
- To Participate in the TEPREL-B Liquid Rocket Engine Flight Qualification, including hardware integration, testing and post-hot test data processing.
- To be part of the engineering decision process of MIURA 1 propulsion subsystem final development, testing and integration.
- To provide inputs for TEPREL-B liquid rocket engine upgrades and to improve its performance.
- To contribute and participate in the engineering decision process of MIURA 1 propellant feed system (including piping, valves, sensing, actuators, etc.)
- To contribute in material characterization, material selection and to generate specification for updates and further developments.
- To develop test plans for liquid propulsion parts and assemblies.
- To generate manufacturing and assembly specifications.
- To contribute in the upgrade PLD Space Propulsion Test Bench software and hardware.
- To operate Company´s test bench during hot test campaigns.
- To provide launch and mission operations support.
About TEPREL-B Engine
- TEPREL-B engine has been developed internally by PLD Space, being the first liquid propellant rocket engine developed by the company.
- This engine, fed by Kerosene and LOX in a Pressure-fed cycle has been designed to boost MIURA 1 rocket into space.
- TEPREL-B engine has a Thrust (SL) of 32.3 KN in Sea Level and 39.7 KN in Vacuum conditions.
- The engine is currently under Flight Qualification Process at PLD Space´s propulsion testing facilities in Teruel (Spain).
- This engine has been developed with Spanish CDTI support in several R&D projects as well as internal company investment.
- Master´s degree in Aerospace Engineering.
- Relevant experience in liquid propulsion (+7 years of liquid propulsion experience, design and testing) .
- +5 years experience in Finite Element Analysis using industry tools such as ANSYS.
- Excellent use of Siemens NX/Teamcenter, EcosimPro, Matlab and Simulink tools.
- Relevant experience in manufacturing processes (metal machining): Copper Alloys, Aluminium Alloys and Stainless-steel Alloys, as well as Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM).
- Other relevant experience in manufacturing processes, such as Aluminium and Stainless-steel TIG Welding.
- Good communications skills, including C1 English Level (both written and oral).
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Highly motivated and committed to improvement.
- Ability to represent a workgroup.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Use of Labview is desired.
- Experience with space launch vehicle design.
- Spanish (both written and oral).
- Experience working with Spanish Government or National Agencies (NASA, CNES or DLR).
- Experience working with Institutional Contracts with European Space Agency (ESA).
- +7 years of liquid propulsion experience, design and testing.
Apply for this Job