As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team, you will be responsible for designing launch vehicle Propulsion elements and configurations in concert with Structures subsystem. Specific focus on Propellant lines design.
- Participate in subsystem analysis and architecture of pressure-fed liquid rocket engine, including component sizing, loads determination, and detailed analysis.
- Perform thermal / mechanical load analysis for propellant lines (including cryogenics and fuel lines as well as high pressure gas lines).
- Create and manage test and development plans for engines and propulsion components.
- Perform analysis and interpretation from Propulsion test and flight data.
- Generation of Engineering documentation.
- Maintain and improve program standard approaches to analysis.
- Liaise with Design Engineers of the same department and with others Engineering departments (Structures design and stress, M&P, Quality, etc.) and provide information to the Manufacturing area under request.
- Continuous research to optimize analysis solutions.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Complete the assigned tasks “on time, on quality, on cost"
- Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s degree or demonstrable relevant experience in lieu thereof.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant technical experience.
- Demonstrated experience in analysis metallic structures for propellant lines.
- Knowledge in selection and application of analysis criteria according to the loading conditions, working environment, etc.
- Fluent written and oral communication both in Spanish and English
- Previous experience in Aerospace Industry as Propulsion analysis engineer or Stress Analysis Engineer (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Familiar with the main manufacturing technologies and capabilities
- Knowledge of the most common corrosion prevention rules and surface protection.
- Knowledge of the most common cryogenic (LOX) cleaning procedures.
- Knowledge of Cryogenic (LOX) manipulation.
- Familiar with Aerospace standard parts and typical light materials, metallic and non-metallic.
- Preferred software: Ansys and Teamcenter.
- An occasional need to travel with the role will be required.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines, dealing with situations that are constrained by time and managing different tasks at once.
- Able to work autonomously with little supervision.
Apply for this Job